Experience – 8 to 11 years
Reporting to Team Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the managing complex network infrastructure across different hardware platforms. Candidate should possess the ability to craft quality documentation.
Network Engineering Responsibilities :
– Hands on experience and expertise of Cisco Devices like Core Switches, ASR routers, ASA firewall, Meraki, Catalyst switches etc.
– Strong understanding and experience with Network protocols/services/technologies like BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, Multicast, SDWAN and NAT
– Hands on experience with Network inventory and Monitoring tools such as LanSweeper, HP Network Node Manager, SolarWinds, Sniffer, PRTG and Cisco Works.
– Experience troubleshooting stateful packet flows and common network issues related to packet switching/routing
– Network administration/ automation including network hardware, i.e. routers, switches, firewalls, network security devices installs and patch management, Network problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
– Good knowledge on authentication methods like Radius & Tacacs.
– Review network security threat logs for intrusions and compromises and provide solutions
– Proficiency in creating network isolation by way of creating DMZ, VLAN, Micro segmentation
– Write well designed, efficient, and readable process documentation following technical documentation standards
– Support and maintain existing network infrastructure adhering to SLAs
– Drive customer communication during critical events
Organisational Responsibilities :
– Seek and participate in support opportunities across the organization
– Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
– Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base
– Follow agile practices
Desired Skills :
– CCIE R&S / SP
– 5-7 years of hands on experience on Cisco Products
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Optional Skills :
– Experience in Command Center/ Network Operations Center is a big plus
– Knowledge on Quality of Service (QoS) and Class of Service (CoS), and VoIP technology
Professional Skills :
– A Team player with positive attitude
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Open-minded, adapt quickly to new environments and a quick learner