|Job title||Software Developer- MERN|
|Reports to||Program Manager|
Reporting to the Program Manager in Goa, the job holder will be responsible for the development of innovative market leading solutions across the entire life cycle, as well as supporting the existing systems vital to supporting our on-going business.
The job holder will be required to work closely with the rest of the team to design, develop, test and debug web applications/existing older functionality to deliver innovative solutions, in an entirely Agile environment.
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to craft flawless code and demonstrate thorough understanding of mark-up compliancy. They should also be familiar with Microsoft based applications and technologies and will be able to present examples of previous development work on request.
Solution Development and Delivery
- Design and code superior technical solutions
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code following coding standards and practice
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Derive technical requirements from requirements/stories produced by Product Owners
- Take an active role in development effort estimation (Planning Poker)
- Take ownership of complex tasks or developments
- Ability to work in an Agile delivery environment
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training
- Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledgebase/wiki
- High level of experience (2+years) with the MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express, React, Node).
- Python experience preferred
- Experience building enterprise level applications sites
- Use cross-browser/platform compatible development techniques.
- Good knowledge of performing test driven development and using mocking frameworks
- Good knowledge of architectures
- Able to create well designed, reusable objects
- Able to recognise and carry out positive and negative test scenarios
- Able to produce documentation to a high standard
Professional and Organizational Qualities
- Able to develop solutions as part of a team or as an individual
- Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to relentlessly strive to obtain excellence
- A team player with good interpersonal and communications skills.
- High attention to detail and good technical knowledge
- Able to establish working relationships with other sections of the solutions teams
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary
- Challenges others to develop while serving as a role model